Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009? Really?

This holiday season feels nothing like the holidays. Christmas didn't feel like Christmas, and it seriously does not feel like 2009.

Resolutions?

To be blunt: Fuck that =D

My attitude towards New Year's Resolutions has been greatly influenced by my mother (seeing as I've lived solely with her for thirteen years, with visitation to my dad's every other weekend). Her attitude - and now mine - is this:

"Why wait until a new year to make a resolution for yourself? As soon as you're not happy with something, and you want to change it, work on it right away. Don't wait for a new year to change it."

So yeah.

My question is: why wait? I mean, why don't just work on what makes you unhappy as soon as you realize the problem? A great deal of resolutions have to do with losing weight. Um, hello, it doesn't hurt to start a new diet and exercise regime right away. I did in the middle of like, October? I don't know if I've lost any weight - it's kind of fallen through, courtesy of the holidays - but it still doesn't hurt to try to get a little healthier right away.

Another popular resolution has to deal with frugal-ness. People want to watch their money this year, especially with the economy as bad as it is. But why wait until the new year? Why not just start saving and cutting back right away? Don't say "That'll be my New Year's Resolution, to spend less money." Start right away!

So yeah. I've never understood the resolutions, and I don't think I ever will.

Moving on to more trivial matters........

Who watched Carson Daily's New Years Eve thinger last night? Show of hands?

I watched it for one thing and one thing only.

Actually, one person.

Three guesses who.

I'll give you a hint: she's the breakout artist of 2008 and likes KISSING GIRLS and hates indescisive boyfriends that seem HOT AND COLD.

C'mon.

I know you know who I mean.

KATY FUCKING PERRY.

Duh.

Yeah. She was amazing. Definitley not the outrageous outfit I was hoping for, but she still looked fabulous.

"But, Joey, her voice sounds horrible live!"

Okay, first of all: no, it's not HORRIBLE. Second of all: she is not the best singer. But at least she's not lip-synching to all of her songs. She's proud of the voice she has, and she doesn't hide behind electronic enhancement in her shows to try to make her voice sound better, like Britney - even though I love her, too.

Her voice is just so unique, her music so catchy, and she puts on a fucking FABULOUS show. I'd do anything to see her in concert - nay, I'd do anything to MEET her.

Ilovehersomuch,morethanagayboyshouldloveafemale.

Okay.

Wellllllll, I'm going to go binge on Katy Perry and be bored all of New Year's Day.

And maybe have some egg nog....

~J*~

No comments: