Monday, January 5, 2009

Let's Steal From A Bestie =D

So one of my best friends,
Nikki, wrote a blog called "Reflecting 2008." The title is pretty self-explanatory. So I thought I'd grand theft blogpost this jaunt and revamp it to make it my own.

Sorry, Nikkster. I had to.

--------

Reflecting 2008 [[~J*~ edition =D]]

2008 seemed like more than just one year. Now that I'm sitting here, in front of my re-working PC, it seems like a billion mini-years, glued into one year of messiness that I can barely remember. At the beginning of 2008, I was in the second half of my sophomore year. Tenth grade really was not anything exciting. The only "exciting" thing that happened occured at the tail end of 2007, when my ex decided to start talking to me again.

Looking back, so much of that drama was not worth it. So not worth it. I don't even remember half - no - any of it. It was all pointless. If I lost friends, I don't remember them, and that's all well and good, because quite frankly, if they've been out of my life this long, then they can stay out.

At the tail end of sophomore year - actually, it might have been the beginning of summer break - I got in touch with an old friend of mine - for a second time. I would say this was a mistake - everything was about him, and I was sick of it - but it led to one of the best things in my life.

This guy's name was Patrick. I had been friends with him in elementary school. He'd lost both his parents, and was living with his grandmother, who spoiled the hell out of him. Then, all of a sudden, in 5th grade, he stopped showing up at school. No one was living in his grandmother's house.

It took me three years to him on MySpace. His grandmother was in a home and he was living with a foster family. I didn't realized how fucked up he was for a year, and in my freshman year, we stopped talking for a couple months. He Facebook'd me an apology, and I stupidly accepted. We were friends up until that fateful summer after sophomore year.

Patrick introduced me to someone via Facebook who I "might be interested in." As soon as I start talking to this person, Patrick tries to steal him for himself. Now, while I was not interested in this person (at the time, anyway), it still royaly pissed me off, and I finally cut him out of my life.

That was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Up until then, he'd been nothing but an attention whore, and everything had been about him. I was D.O.N.E.

At the beginning of junior year, the person that Patrick had led me to meet via Facebook began to sit in our happy little stairway crew (XD). Dramadramadrama, fightfightfight, then one magical night at a friend's party, and WHA-BAM, insta-amazing-boyfriendness. I mean, I'd liked him before then, but I guess I kinda didn't know it, you know? I dunno, I was stupid. But now I'm uber happy with him :3

XD

That didn't happen until December. So, basically, all of last year - for the most part - was... well... lame? Haha. Here's hoping this year will be infinitely better.

<3

~J*~

No comments: