Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here's To The Nights We Felt Alive

So the song the title of this blog post belongs to makes me cry, and now I want to listen to the song, but I'm too lazy to find it on YouTube.
The reason behind the title, however, makes me smile. Last night - well, really, afternoon into night - I hung out with Sam and Megan at Sam's house. We were there for like, six hours, and it was the best I've felt all week. As stated in my last post, this whole past week I've been in a complex bad mood. But last night just made everything seem so insignificant. I'm stressed out by school, but friends make it better. I know education is more important than socializing... but friends just make me feel better. I don't know how to explain it, really.
To most, last afternoon/night would seem relatively uneventful. Megan didnt' show up til about an hour later, and then we all just kinda watched TV for a while. Then Sam's mom left for a football game and we all had to keep an eye on Sam's five year old sister. We went into the kitchen and made dinner and danced to rap music. If any hood people had walked by, we would've gotten shot. I was droppin down real low, dancin like a ho, fagalicious, all that Fergie nonsense. But yeah. Then we went up to Sam's room and the two girlygirls drew on themselves with eyeliner and we took pictures with only Sam's blacklight on. Haha it was amazing.
So yeah. I've been in a decent mood all day today, and I'm hoping it'll carry through this week. I'm tired of being all mad-at-the-world-ish. And I'm tired of not being able to write my book. It's the third in this series. I have ideas. I just don't know how to get from point A to point B right now. I have a feeling once I get like, a page done, I'll be able to keep going. I don't know why it's so hard right now, but I'll get through it. I'm gonna stick my jump drive in as soon as I'm done posting this and pray for words to come to me.
Maybe I'll shower first...

~J*~

No comments: