Monday, May 11, 2009

New Blog Plug, "Gay" Tirade, and AP Exams... My, What a Busy Post.

Okay, first thing first:

Skyline of Fruit. Blog that me and Nikki Skyline are doing. Go follow. Now. Kthnx. It's just getting started, but... yeah. Kay.

Second order of business: (It's out of order in the title, 'cause I'm saving the tirade for last)
AP Exams. Holy. Shiz. I have one tomorrow at noon, and one the next day at 8:00 AM. GAHHH. AP Psych and AP Language+Composition. Shitshitshitshit. I don't wanna. Please don't make me. I got a 3 on my mock AP psych, so I need to CRAMCRAMCRAM tonight.
FUUUUDGEEEENUTTERRRSSSS.

Now for the tirade.

WE ARE NOT DOGS.

He is not "a" gay. He is simply gay.

"Hold on, Joey. Saywhatnow?"

-sigh- Okay. So I was reading the prologue to some story on a writer's forum, and one of the characters was introduced as "a" gay. Gay is not a noun. It is an adjective, not to be confused with the word "stupid." For example of the latter, an object cannot be "gay" - it does not have sexual attrection to the same gender. Mmmkay?

That's just the half of it.

As for the other half - you can't be "a" gay. Gay is not a thing. Gay is what someone is. So you can't be "a" gay. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

How about this?

Wrong: "He is a gay."
Right: "He is gay."

Voi la.

It's really not that hard.

Kthnx.

~J*~

1 comment:

Tia said...

i agree with this for the most part but i do still like to call my boys "the gays".

thoughts on that?